Financial Accountant - Contract Role
Established in Canberra over 36 years ago, Hindmarsh is a leading national property and construction company. We operate with the highest standards for a wide range of clients throughout Australia, and a proven track record of over $4 billion worth of completed projects. More than just a builder, we deliver complex construction projects, real estate development and retirement services.
We are currently looking for an experienced Financial Accountant on a contract basis to join our Finance team based in Campbell, ACT.
The Financial accountant is responsible for the provision of general accounting services, tax and statutory reporting & compliance, at the direction of senior finance staff, including month & year end processing. Other responsibilities include journal posting and account reconciliations, analysis and preparation of reporting information.
Key activities include:
- Carrying out all necessary tasks to complete monthly and annual reporting of the entities in which they are assigned to meet set reporting deadlines (including preparation and posting of journals)
- Prepare reconciliations monthly (or as otherwise directed) for all general ledger items related to the business entities to which they are assigned
- Preparation of BAS returns, and assistance with other indirect taxes including FBT and supporting work papers
- Producing management reporting information monthly
- Coordination of the yearly taxation return process with external tax agents
- Preparation of financial statements for various entities in the Hindmarsh Group.
- Undertake analysis on projects and entities and provide insight for those which they are assigned
- Support operations & business unit managers for projects or entities which assigned
To be successful in this role you will possess the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Accounting degree
- CA or CPA qualification or studying towards
- Good excel skills
- At least 3-4 years work experience in an accounting role
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent numerical ability
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer focus and responsiveness
- Strong team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company, with high-growth potential and great market awareness, as well as contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh, then please apply now