Assistant Accountant - Contract Role
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $4.0 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
We currently have an opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join Hindmarsh on a contract basis.
The assistant accountant is responsible for provision of general accounting services at the direction of senior finance staff, including month & year end processing, associated journals and account reconciliations, analysis and preparation of reporting information.
Day to day you would be involved in the following:
- Assist in carrying out all necessary tasks to complete monthly and annual reporting of the entities in which they are assigned to meet set reporting deadlines (including preparation and posting of journals)
- Prepare reconciliations monthly (or as otherwise directed) for all general ledger items related to the business entities to which they are assigned
- Assist in the preparation of BAS, FBT, superannuation, work cover and payroll tax returns and supporting work papers
- Assist in producing management reporting information monthly
- Assist in consolidation, taxation, compliance and audit activities across the business entities which are assigned
- Undertake analysis on projects and entities and provide insight for those which they are assigned
- Support operations & business unit managers for projects or entities which assigned
To be successful in the role your skills and experience will include:
- Accounting degree
- Good excel skills
- 24 months of work experience in an accounting role
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage priorities
- Excellent numerical ability
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer focus and responsiveness
- Strong team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company with high-growth potential and great market awareness and contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh, and you meet the below criteria then please apply now.