Senior Project Manager
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $4.0 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
We are currently looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager into our ACT Construction team. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall delivery of a challenging new construction project in the ACT region. As a Senior Project Manger you will deliver the project with effective management of time, cost, safety, environment legislative, financial, industrial and quality based contract requirements, ensuring the contracted completion date is met and effective client management.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Promote Hindmarsh values and culture within the project team.
- Ensure successful execution of project operations to achieve the business objectives and strategic direction of Hindmarsh.
- Supervise and manage employees in line with quality people management practices with particular reference to employment equity, anti-discrimination, workplace health and safety and ethical behaviour.
- Site organisation and staffing procedures.
- Time and quality control.
- Effective management of site teams and sub-contractors.
- Supervision of industrial relations and safety.
- Liaison with contract administrators.
Your skills and experience
Tertiary degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, Building, Construction or equivalent
- Over 10 years demonstrated experience as a Construction / Project Manager across Residential, Retail, Commercial or Education projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a project team
- Experience managing projects with a high focus on safety, quality and environment challenges
- First Aid Certificate
- Solid commercial / contract management experience
- Site Supervisor’s Licence (or ability to obtain)
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company with high-growth potential and great market awareness and contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh then please apply now.