Estimator / Senior Estimator, Adelaide
Over three decades, Hindmarsh Construction has completed many landmark buildings across Australia, with total project value exceeding $4.0 billion. We stand by our values of integrity, safety, quality, innovation and teamwork.
With a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, our work spans many different sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator / Senior Estimator to join our SA Construction team. In this role, you will be responsible for estimating tenders and ensuring tenders are complete, accurate and submitted in accordance with the tender conditions for internal and external clients
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Accurate estimating of lump sum tenders under the National Estimating Managers direction;
- Accurate estimating of design and construction tenders;
- Preparation of Cost Plans associated with development projects or management projects;
- Participate in the Marketing group to secure new work opportunities;
- Prepare EOIs and Submissions for Project and Construction Management opportunities working with the Divisional Manager and others;
- Participate in the senior management meeting;
- Review Subcontractor, Supplier and Consultants performance;
- Provide advice and Quantity Surveying services to Project Managers for major or complex variations; and
- Participate in Value Management Reviews and also assist Project Managers in the consideration of concept designs with particular emphasis on costing, value for money solutions, alternative types of construction or structures and the identification of cost and time effective construction techniques.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous demonstrable experience and success in estimation in the residential / commercial / aged care sectors
- Ideally circa 5-10 years experience in estimation in the Building sector
- Diploma / Degree in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying or related field
- Onsite and or live project experience
- Commercially astute
If you can see yourself in this role and you would like to work for a well established company with high-growth potential and great market awareness and contribute to the ongoing success of Hindmarsh then please apply now.